RBL Bank- Pre-paid Payment Instruments (PPIs) - Terms & Conditions
This Pre-paid Payment Instrument ("PPI") is issued to you by RBL Bank Limited (formerly The Ratnakar Bank Limited), a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, having its registered office at Shahupuri, Kolhapur- 416 001 and operating in these presents through its corporate office at One Indiabulls Centre, Tower 2B, 6th Floor, 841, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai- 400 013 (" RBL Bank/Bank").
These 'Terms and Conditions' (defined below) and any attachments or accompanying supplement(s) shall also include the terms and conditions stated on the Service Provider's mobile interface available on Google playstore and RBL Bank's website www. rblbank.com, governing usage of the PPI held by you ("You/User/Customer"). You hereby agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and You shall be deemed to have unconditionally agreed to and accepted these terms by performing a transaction with the PPI and shall have complied with all the relevant notifications/ guidelines / circulars issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)/ any other competent authority / statutory or regulatory body/ies governing the issue and use of the PPI. The Bank disclaims all liability on account of any breach by You of the relevant notifications/ guidelines / circulars in force at the relevant time and as may be modified from time to time, governing usage of the PPIs. By installing the Udio mobile application and completing the signup or registration process, the customer expressly agrees to and consents to being irrevocably bound by this agreement If these Terms and Conditions are not acceptable, You must not use the PPI.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AN ELECTRONIC RECORD IN THE FORM OF AN ELECTRONIC CONTRACT FORMED UNDER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND RULES MADE THEREUNDER AND THE AMENDED PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS / RECORDS IN VARIOUS STATUTES AS AMENDED BY THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000. THE SAME DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PHYSICAL, ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL SIGNATURE. IT IS DISCLOSED IN COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 21 OF PAYMENT AND SETTLEMENT SYSTEMS ACT, 2007 AND AS REQUIRED TO BE DISCLOSED UNDER POLICY GUIDELINES ON ISSUANCE AND OPERATION OF PRE-PAID PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS IN INDIA.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE EFFECTIVE UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE SAME (IN ELECTRONIC FORM OR BY MEANS OF AN ELECTRONIC RECORD OR OTHER MEANS) AND WILL GOVERN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND THE BANK FOR THE USE OF THE PPI AND YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE SAME. IF ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONFLICT WITH ANY OTHER DOCUMENT/ELECTRONIC RECORD IN THIS BEHALF, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL PREVAIL, UNTIL FURTHER CHANGES/ MODIFICATIONS ARE NOTIFIED BY THE BANK.
i. "Applicable Law(s)" shall mean all applicable central, state and local laws, statute, regulations, orders or directives as may be amended and in effect or re-enacted from time to time, order or other legislative action of any government authority to the extent having the force of law, including but not limited to Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, Payment and Settlement Systems Regulations, 2008, Policy Guidelines on Issuance and operation of Pre-paid Payment Instruments in India, guidelines on issuance of debit cards and co-branded pre-paid cards by the banks and any other guidelines in relation to prepaid payment instruments issued from time to time by Reserve Bank of India and in each case, any implementing regulation or interpretation issued there under including any successor Applicable Law.
ii. "ATM" shall mean any Automated Teller Machine in India, whether of the Bank or of a specified Network Association, at which, amongst others, the User can use his PPI (in case the same is a card) with permitted access.
iii. "Merchant(s)" shall mean seller(s), retailers or e-commerce marketplace, including but not limited to brick and mortar or electronic merchants or such other business entities who accept the PPI as payment options for collecting payments from the Customer.
iv. "Merchant Establishment" means commercial establishments of any nature, wherever located, which honour the PPI for transactions done with them.
v. "PPI Services" shall mean the services relating to the offering of the PPI to the Users under the relevant guidelines of RBI.
vi. "Personal Identification Number (PIN)" shall mean a set of confidential number/s given to the User by the Bank/Service Provider, while issuing the PPI (in case the same is a card) or later selected by the User from time to time, which is used to identify the User at an ATM or a terminal for putting through Transactions using the PPI (in case the same is a card) or which may be used as a second factor authentication in case the PPI is a wallet.
vii. "PoS" shall mean a point of sale electronic terminal at Merchant Establishments in India capable of processing transactions and at which, amongst others, the Customer can use his PPI (where the same is a card) to access his funds using his PPI/ to make purchases.
viii. "PPI" shall mean the semi-closed or open loop prepaid payment instrument/s issued by RBL Bank under the authorisation received from Reserve Bank of India and marketed, distributed and managed by the Service Provider.
ix. "RBI" shall mean Reserve Bank of India.
x. "Network Association" shall mean MasterCard/ Visa / RuPay Card networks, or any other networks like NFS or any other bank's private network called by any name.
xi. "Service Provider" shall mean TranServ Private Limited/ TranServ/ Udio who has partnered with the bank for marketing, distributing and managing the semi-closed prepaid payment instruments and providing & managing the mobile application (“Udio Mobile Application”) to facilitate access to such semi closed loop prepaid instruments.
xii. "Terms and Conditions" shall mean these terms and conditions.
xiii. "Transaction" shall mean an online or an offline purchase of goods and services from Merchants or payments for purchase of goods and services or for any other specified purpose to a Merchant or to any other customer, or transfer of funds to any bank account, by the use of PPI or through any other modes as determined by the Bank from time to time and shall also include load/reload of the PPI.
i. All references to singular include plural and vice versa and the word "includes" should be construed as "without limitation".
ii. Words importing any gender include the other gender.
iii. Reference to any statute, ordinance or other law includes all regulations and other instruments and all consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements for the time being in force.
iv. All headings, bold typing and italics (if any) have been inserted for convenience of reference only and do not define limit or affect the meaning or interpretation of these terms.
v. These Terms and Conditions shall be independent of the terms and conditions of Service Provider's site(s). In the event of any discrepancy/contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the Service Provider's terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent of such contradiction/discrepancy.
vi. Use of the PPI/ PPI Services for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions shall mean and include all purchase, access, possess, transact, transfer and share activities of and associated with the PPI.
3. ELIGIBITY AND REGISTRATION INCLUDING KYC PROCEDURE:
i. The PPI is being issued by RBL Bank along with TranServ/ Udio (" Service Provider") who shall act as a co-branded partner of the Bank and shall be responsible for the issuance and distribution of the PPI.
ii. The PPI Services are available only to resident Indians who have attained the age of 18 years and are competent to contract. By accepting these Terms and Conditions or by otherwise using the PPI Services or the Service Provider's site, You represent that You are an Indian resident and at least 18 years of age and have not been previously suspended/debarred from the use of such similar PPI Services. You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms and Conditions and to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained herein. You shall not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent identity, age or affiliation with any person or entity.
iii. No individual or entity shall misrepresent its identity, age, other demographic, parental, residence, ownership, nature of business information or other such information required to enforce any laws and regulations of India, intentionally or accidentally, and wrongfully use PPIs. You shall be liable for all misrepresentations and/or wrongful usage of service in violation of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Applicable Laws and guidelines issued by the competent authorities of India.
iv. The Service Provider as well the Bank reserve the right to deny, suspend and terminate PPI Services to You, with or without prior notice in any form, if it suspects, has reason to believe or upon request or instruction from a competent authority has been informed, that You have violated any of the terms, rules, laws, regulations and guidelines.
v. In order to register, create and use a PPI, RBL Bank/Service Provider may require that You submit certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, mobile phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, preferred language of communication, etc. to RBL Bank and the Service Provider. You agree that the personal information you provide to RBL Bank/Service Provider upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, correct and complete. You agree to maintain and update this personal information to keep the personal information true, accurate and complete.
vi. You hereby authorize RBL Bank and the Service Provider, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries that RBL Bank/Service Provider may consider necessary to validate your identity and/or authenticate your identity. This may include asking You for further information and/or documentation about your account usage or identity, or requiring You to confirm identification by furnishing KYC (know your customer) documentation, ownership of your email address, telephone number or financial instruments, among others. This process is for internal verification purposes. You agree and acknowledge that the Service Provider shall assist the Bank with the KYC process. The collection, verification, audit and maintenance of correct and updated customer information is a continuous process and RBL Bank and the Service Provider reserve the right, at any time, to take steps necessary to ensure compliance with all relevant and applicable KYC requirements.
vii. Before the issuance of the PPI, the Bank shall undertake a KYC process with the help of the Service Provider for the purpose of issuing the PPI. The Bank and Service Provider shall follow the Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Combating Financing of Terrorism (CFT) procedures, as is applicable to banks under the RBI guidelines. The Service Provider shall provide copies of all KYC documents collected from the Customer to the Bank for its review. In view of the KYC/AML /CFT norms, the use of PPIs shall not be permitted for cross border transactions.
KYC process shall be done by the Service Provider on behalf of the Bank and all the above mentioned categories of PPIs shall be reloadable in nature. However, the balance in the PPI shall be as prescribed by RBI from time to time.The Service Provider on behalf of the Bank shall maintain a log of all the Transactions undertaken using these PPIs.
viii. Cash load limits shall vary as per the category of the PPI holder. Maximum Cash load in a PPI cannot be more than ₹50,000 per month
ix. RBL Bank reserves the right to discontinue the PPI/ PPI Services/ reject applications for PPI Services at any time if there are discrepancies in information and/or documentation provided by You or if the information/documentation provided by You is found to be incorrect or wrong. In addition, in such an event, RBL Bank reserves the right to forfeit the balance therein.
4. OTP BASED E-KYC:
5. PURCHASE AND LOADING OF PPIs:
i. Eligible User may purchase PPIs in electronic, physical or digital forms after presenting an officially valid document and after completion of satisfactory KYC process.
ii. RBL Bank/ the Service Provider may ask for additional documents or information during purchase of a PPI. Any information provided during purchase of a PPI must be true and the User shall be liable for all accidental or intentional false representations.
iii. Once You have purchased any PPI, the same may be cancelled and the money loaded on the PPI may be refunded, as provided in these Terms and Conditions and as may be determined by the Bank in its sole discretion.
iv. All purchases are valid for a limited period as may be prescribed by the Bank.
v. You can use multiple funding sources for depositing/loading money in the PPI. These sources could include but not be limited to cash, credit cards, debit cards, net banking and transfer from another account.
vi. Such funds shall be loaded on the PPI after deduction of the applicable charges/ fees etc. payable by You to RBL Bank for availing the said PPI.
vii. In order to manage risk, RBL Bank may limit the funding sources available for your use to fund any particular Transaction. For example, RBL Bank may limit your funding sources for a particular Transaction to debit cards or your net banking account.
viii. The Service Provider and RBL Bank will monitor each deposit made into your PPI to monitor high-risk & fraudulent transactions. If your deposit is classified as a high-risk transaction or is suspected of fraud, RBL Bank will place a hold on the deposit and may ask You for more information on your personal data and your funding source.
ix. When You make a deposit into the PPI, You are liable to RBL Bank for the full amount of the deposit plus any fees, if the deposit is later invalidated for any reason. This means that, in addition to any other liability, You will be responsible for the amount of the deposit, plus applicable fees if You lose a claim or a chargeback, or if there is a reversal of the deposit. You agree to allow RBL Bank /the Service Provider to recover any amounts due to RBL Bank by debiting your PPI balance. If there are insufficient funds in your account to cover your liability, you agree to reimburse the RBL Bank/Service Provider through other means. If RBL Bank is unable to recover the funds from your primary funding source, RBL Bank may itself or through the Service Provider attempt to contact you and/or recover the funds from your alternate funding sources, or may take other legal actions to collect the amount due, to the extent allowed by Applicable Law. In addition, RBL Bank /the Service Provider may suspend or terminate your PPI.
x. Reloadable PPIs may be reloaded using debit cards, credit cards, bank transfer, cash/cheque deposit at bank or cash payment at any of the recognised agent outlets subject to the limits of that particular PPI.
xi. The PPI may be reloaded as many number of times within the limits prescribed by Reserve Bank of India ("RBI") and RBL Bank in its discretion, can assign a lower limit and/or frequency of reload as deemed appropriate. However, the Customer shall ensure that the total value of reloads during any given month does not exceed Rs.10,000/- for Minimum KYC Customer and Rs. 2,00,000/- for Full KYC Customer.
xii. You are aware that after reload of a PPI by any type of payment instrument, it would take time to reflect the usable balance thereon and the time taken shall vary depending upon the nature of the payment instrument used for the reload.
xiii. If a User exercises the option of saving payment instruments or
accounts like debit cards, credit cards, etc., in the PPI, such User
authorises the RBL Bank/the Service Provider to debit those accounts to
reload the PPI upon instructions. User may revoke this authorisation for an
instrument by deleting reference to that instrument in his PPI. The User
agrees and acknowledges that RBL Bank shall have no responsibility or
liability in respect of such saved details and such details shall be
stored, at the sole
cost and responsibility of the User.
6. APPLICABLE LIMITS:
The PPI shall be subject to certain limits as regards balance to be maintained in the PPI, cash withdrawals to be made therefrom, maximum reloads of the PPI, maximum amount of transfers to be made therefrom, etc., which applicable limits shall be specified on the Service Provider's website and shall be intimated to the User by the Service Provider. The User shall be liable to ensure compliance with all Applicable Limits as may be specified by the Service Provider in terms of the Applicable Laws.
7. PPI SERVICES:
i. The PPI is valid for use only in India in Indian Rupees.
ii. The amount that can be deposited in the PPI is governed by policies laid down by RBI. These involve monthly limits, transaction limits as well as balance limits on the PPI.
iii. These limitations stated herein above may be reviewed and modified at the discretion of RBL Bank without prior intimation to the Customer.
iv. The Customer shall be able to use the PPI only to the extent of the amount loaded onto the PPI.
v. The PPI shall be activated subject to the desired amount being loaded on the PPI.
vi. The facility of online purchase of goods and services from Merchant/s using the PPI, withdrawal of cash, balance transfer from one account to another, domestic remittance facility to transfer funds to source or bank account transactions shall be available on the PPI. Such functionalities can be added or modified at the sole discretion of the RBL Bank.
vii. RBL Bank may further as per its discretion, introduce appropriate controls over the usage of the PPI.
viii. The PPI may be used for purchase of goods and services in India only. Users may use PPIs for payments only after being satisfied with the purchased goods and services. RBL Bank shall not be liable for any unfulfilled purchases or any misrepresentations of the Merchant/s. User is deemed to have verified the quality, quantity or any other parameters of the purchased goods and services before making payment using the PPIs.
ix. Usage of the PPIs for payment towards any future deliverables is at the sole discretion and risk of the User. RBL Bank shall be deemed to be acting on the instruction of the User and shall not be liable for any such future deliverables promised by the Merchant/s. RBL Bank is neither the intermediary nor the facilitator of such Transactions and shall not be responsible for resolution of disputes in case of such Transactions.
x. User shall be solely responsible for all payment instructions issued by the User while using any of the PPIs, using any available channel.
8. USAGE GUIDELINES:
i. The issue and use of the PPI shall be subject to the rules and regulations issued by RBL Bank/ the Service Provider from time to time.
ii. The Bank / Service Provider has the absolute discretion to withdraw the PPI and/or the PPI Services thereby provided or amend or supplement any of the above Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to the Customer.
iii. You shall use the PPI only in India to purchase goods and services.
iv. The PPI can be used for withdrawal (if applicable) of cash at any VISA / MASTER / Rupay ATM. The PPI cannot be used for any foreign currency transactions.
v. The PPI may be used through the third party Merchant partners authorised by the Service Provider and RBL Bank.
vi. Information concerning the PPI, including the available balance and/or PPI history can be viewed by accessing the mobile app after due log-in with the User Id and Password.
vii. You shall at all times ensure that the PPI credentials are kept safe and shall under no circumstances whatsoever allow the PPI to be used by any other individual. You shall be responsible for all facilities granted by RBL Bank and for all related charges and shall act in good faith in relation to all dealings with the PPI and RBL Bank and the Service Provider.
viii. You are responsible for the security of the PPI and shall take all steps towards ensuring the safekeeping thereof. You shall not disclose your password to anyone verbally or in writing nor record it elsewhere.
ix. You will be liable for all charges incurred on the PPI until the PPI is reported for closure. RBL Bank and the Service Provider shall not be liable for any hacking or unauthorized use of the PPI and it shall be your sole responsibility to ensure privacy and confidentiality of PPI details. The Customer shall, within 48 hours, intimate to the Service Provider and/or RBL Bank of the occurrence of any fraud.
x. In case of any dispute relating to the time of reporting and/ or transaction/s made on the PPI or any other matter in relation to the said PPI, RBL Bank shall reserve the right to ascertain the time and/ or the authenticity of the disputed Transaction.
xi. You shall inform the Service Provider and RBL Bank in writing within 10 days, if any irregularities or discrepancies exist in the Transactions/ particulars of the PPI or any records that are made available to You. If the Service Provider or RBL Bank does not receive any information to the contrary within 10 days, it shall assume that the Transactions are correct. All records maintained by RBL Bank or the Service Provider, in electronic or documentary form of the instructions from You and such other details (including but not limited to payments made or received) pursuant to the Terms and Conditions herein, shall as against You, be deemed to be conclusive evidence of such instructions and such other details.
xii. You may use the PPI Services for Transactions with the approved Merchants only. You are also aware that the RBL Bank/ the Service Provider shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever for the goods provided and the services rendered by the Merchants etc.
xiii. You must ensure the availability of sufficient funds before executing any Transaction from the PPI.
xiv. You shall intimate RBL Bank /the Service Provider about change in any information, including but not limited to change in mobile number, email id, etc. within 2 (two) days along with such proof of change.
xv. You agree to adhere to all Applicable Laws and all such regulations, guidelines and rules prescribed from time to time by RBL Bank, the Service Provider, RBI and any other regulatory body.
xvi. You shall be bound to comply with the terms and conditions and all the policies stipulated by RBL Bank/ the Service Provider from time to time in relation to the PPI. RBL Bank/the Service Provider may, at its sole discretion, refuse to accept the application or to issue PPI to You.
xvii. You shall not use the PPI Services for any purpose that might be construed as contrary or repugnant to any Applicable Laws, regulations, guidelines, judicial dicta, the Service Provider policies, RBL Bank policies or public policy or for any purpose that might negatively prejudice the goodwill of the RBL Bank and the Service Provider.
xviii. You shall accept full responsibility for wrongful use of the PPI which is in contravention of these Terms and Conditions. You shall indemnify RBL Bank and/or the Service Provider to make good any loss, damage, interest or any other financial charges that RBL Bank and/or the Service Provider may incur and or suffer whether directly or indirectly as a result of Your committing violations of these Terms and Conditions.
xix. RBL Bank reserves the absolute discretion and liberty to decline or honor the authorization request on the PPI without assigning any reason thereto.
xx. You acknowledge and understand that the PPI Services are linked to internet connection (in case of internet/mobile accounts and wallets) and RBL Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or interruption of the PPI Services.
xxi. You acknowledge and understand that the information submitted by You for availing the PPI Services or information submitted while using the PPI Services may be shared with third parties inter alia, to facilitate the provision of the PPI Services.
xxii. RBL Bank through the Service Provider may request You to submit additional KYC information/documents as part of ongoing monitoring and due diligence.
xxiii. RBL Bank and the Service Provider may at their sole discretion, utilize the services of external service providers or agents and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its products/services.
xxiv. The PPI and PPI Services are not transferable or assignable by the Customer under any circumstances.
xxv. In case the PPI is a card- whether a smart card/magnetic stripe card and whether or not a physical card or otherwise, the following terms shall apply in relation to the PPI, as may be applicable:
a. The User shall make payment of cash and purchase the Card (in case of physical cards).
b. The maximum limits of retention, withdrawal, etc. from the Card have been mentioned in these Terms and Conditions.
c. User shall comply with the provisions of the Applicable Laws, including but not limited to the Master Circular on Credit Card, Debit Card and Rupee Denominated Co-branded Prepaid Card Operation of Banks and Credit Card Issuing NBFCs.
d. To protect any un-authorised use of the card, it is advised that you shall keep the card under your personal custody at all the times, and shall under no circumstances whatsoever allow the card to be used by any other individual. The cardholder should sign on the reverse of the card in the signature panel immediately upon receipt of the card from the Bank.
e. Cards are treated like cash, and the Bank shall not be liable for the misuse, loss or theft of cards. The Bank will not reissue new card for any reason, including the loss, theft or expiration of such card.
f. The card is the property of the Bank and must be returned to an authorized person of the Bank / Service Provider on request or surrendered to the Bank /Service Provider in the event of the User no longer requiring the services.
g. The new card issuance will be at discretion of the Bank / Service Provider. The User will be liable for payment of all charges incurred on the card until the card is hot listed /cancelled. If the card or its PIN is lost, stolen or misused You shall immediately contact the Customer Service Centre on the telephone numbers listed on the backside of the card. The Bank / Service Provider upon adequate verification of information, will temporarily suspend the card. The User is solely liable for any Transaction or loss incurred due to the loss of the card, up to the time of the card being temporarily suspended by the Bank / Service Provider. The card shall be blocked within 24 hours of reporting and risk of protecting your money starts from the time You report the loss of the card. The Service Provider / Bank shall not be liable for any loss by the misuse of the card. The charges for usage of such services shall be borne by the User.
h. The User may utilize the card balance by due and proper use of the card, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. No interest is payable to the User. The User is advised to transact only upto the requisite amount loaded on the card for purchase /availing services including applicable charges, otherwise the Transaction may not be honoured.
9. UNAUTHORISED OR ILLEGAL USE AND RELATED AUTHORIZATIONS:
i. You declare that You shall use the PPI/PPI Services only for lawful purposes in a lawful manner as may be permitted by RBL Bank and the Service Provider and for no other purposes whatsoever. You agree that You will not use the PPI/PPI Services for payment of any illegal/unlawful purchases/purposes.
ii. You shall be responsible for using the PPI Services, in compliance with Applicable Law including without limitation all rules, financial service regulations issued by the RBI, the issuing bank and the competent authorities.
iii. You agree and acknowledge that the Bank/Service Provider may, at any time decide not to process any Transactions, and block the PPI if the Bank/Service Provider believes that the same is in violation of Applicable Law or which may expose You, the Bank/Service Provider, the Merchants, or other users to harm. Harm includes but is not limited to financial loss, compromise of privacy of personal information.
iv. You agree and undertake that You shall under no circumstance, share your access credentials or permit others to use your identity in the use of PPI Services or attempt to use the PPI from any other device. If a Customer is found to be violating these Terms and Conditions, the Bank reserves its rights to prevent the relevant Customer from using the PPI/ PPI Services any further. The Customer also agrees that the Customer shall be solely responsible for any consequences resulting from any unauthorized use of the PPI Services/PPI.
v. You may not use contact information provided by the Bank or other users or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as spam. You may not allow others to use your PPI to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your PPI/PPI Services immediately and take other legal action if You or anyone using your credentials violates these provisions. For provision of certain services, the PPI may have additional terms (such as policies, guidelines and rules) that will further govern your use of that particular service and supplement these Terms and Conditions. If You choose to register for or access any such services, You will be presented with any relevant additional terms and conditions at that time. By using those services, You agree to comply with such additional guidelines and rules.
10. WITHDRAWAL & TRANSFERS:
i. No cash withdrawal is permitted on PPIs purchased without providing full KYC information to the satisfaction of the RBL Bank. Where permitted, RBL Bank reserves the right to enable or disable various withdrawal modes like ATMs, cash withdrawal at PoS at its own discretion. RBL Bank reserves the rights to set various limits like per transaction, daily, weekly and monthly transaction value, volume and frequency.
ii. RBL Bank, at its discretion, may offer card to card, wallet to wallet, person to person, person to merchant, person to bank transfers and any other transfers as and when permitted by RBI/ any other regulatory authorities, from the PPIs. Such transfers are governed by Domestic Money Transfer (DMT) guidelines issued by Reserve Bank of India. The Bank reserves rights to set different limits for such transactions from time to time, such that those limits are at least as restrictive as the limits specified under DMT guidelines.
iii. The Bank may use interbank transfer mechanisms like IMPS and NEFT offered by NPCI. Given the inherent complexity of such mechanisms, the Bank can neither guarantee any time taken to credit the destination bank account nor can it assure success of the transfer. The Bank shall debit the transferring user's account immediately upon initiation of transfer and shall credit these funds back if the Bank is certain that the funds haven't been received by the destination account and shall never be received. The User transferring the funds is solely liable for providing accurate information of the recipient of the funds. The Bank shall not be responsible for any errors in the account identifiers or other codes specified to identify the transferee's account. User shall acknowledge that the Bank has no information to verify the intended recipient of the transfer and shall be indemnified by the transferor of any legal or financial liability arising out of such transfer, whatsoever.
iv. RBL Bank reserves the right to delay withdrawals while screening for risk, or request You to provide additional information to verify your identity and may limit the amount You can withdraw until the information is verified.
v. Any withdrawal found to be suspicious will be held back and reversed into the PPI. The PPI will also be suspended for operations and no Transactions will be possible pending an investigation. A notification will be given to You at the discretion of the Bank, if You are the subject of an investigation. If You are able to provide a justification for the withdrawal to the satisfaction of RBL Bank, your PPI will be removed from suspension and you would be free to transact using your PPI.
vi. In the case of no information being provided by You for a suspended PPI - the PPI will continue to be suspended till its validity and the amount will be forfeited as required by the Bank.
11. CANCELLATION, SUSPENSION, REFUNDS & CHARGEBACKS:
i. User shall be liable to the Bank for the full amount of the purchase or reload value of a PPI plus any fees, if the purchase or reload is later invalidated for any reason, including but not limited to chargeback, reversal of Transaction, dispute by the owner of funding source of a Transaction. User agrees to allow the Bank to recover any amounts due to it by debiting the PPIs of the User. If there are insufficient funds in User's PPIs to cover the User's liability, then the User agrees to reimburse the Bank through other means.
ii. The Customer may be entitled for refund in case of reversal of Transaction and no cash shall be refunded to the Customer. The Service Provider / Bank shall recover applicable charges imposed by the respective Merchant while refunding the money.
iii. User agrees not to dispute the decision made by the Bank and accept the Bank's decision regarding cancellations.
iv. RBL Bank reserves the right to suspend/discontinue the PPI Services/ PPI at any time, for any cause, including, but not limited, to the following:
a. for any suspected discrepancy in the particulars, online application, documentation provided by the Customer;
b. suspected or potential fraud;
c. sabotage, wilful destruction, threat to national security or for any other force majeure reasons etc;
d. if the same is due to technical failure, modification, upgradation, variation, relocation, repair, and/or maintenance due to any emergency or for any technical reasons;
e. if the same is due to any transmission deficiencies caused by topographical and geographical constraints/limitations;
f. for any suspected violation of the rules, regulations, orders, directions, notifications issued by RBI from time to time or for any violation of the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein;
g. if RBL Bank believes, in its reasonable opinion, that cessation/ suspension is necessary.
v. The Bank may also restrict, terminate or suspend the use of the PPI/PPI Services at any time without prior notice if the Bank reasonably believes it necessary for business or security reasons.
vi. The Bank, at their discretion, reserves the right to either temporarily or permanently withdraw the privileges on the PPI and/or cancel the PPI at any time without giving any notice or assigning any reason thereof. In case of temporary withdrawal, the privileges may be reinstated by RBL Bank as deemed fit.
12. TERMINATION OF THE PPI/PPI SERVICES AND VALIDITY OF THE PPI:
i. The expiry of the PPI shall occur under the following circumstances:
a) Expiry of a period of 3 (three) years from the date on which you successfully registered for an Account;
b) Expiry of a period of 1 (one) year between the date of successful registration of your Account and the first use of Services; or
c) Expiry of a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which the last use of Services occurred.
The PPI will expire on the last working day of the month and the year indicated on the PPI or as may be intimated to you by the Bank. The User shall be intimated 45 days prior to the expiry date to utilise the balance amount in the PPI by an SMS and/ or E-mail. The balance amount in the PPI after the expiration date shall be forfeited by the Bank/the Service Provider and the User cannot claim the amount under any circumstances, whatsoever. However, to the extent permitted under Applicable Laws, the Bank may at its sole discretion, close or wind up any PPI Services or amend any of its features with notice to its User, even prior to the expiry of the PPI.
ii. If the User wishes to close the PPI at any time, then the User shall request the Bank for such closure and the Bank may close the PPI in such manner and upon such terms as the Bank may decide in its sole discretion. Termination will be effective, subject to payment of all amounts outstanding on the PPI. No fees charged, if any, to User shall be refunded in the event of termination, suspension or discontinuance of the PPI/PPI Services. No annual, joining or renewal fees shall be refunded on a pro-rata basis.
iii. RBL Bank shall, upon adequate verification, block/suspend/close the PPI and terminate all facilities in relation thereto during working hours on a working day following the receipt of such intimation and shall not be liable for any inconvenience caused to the Customer in this regard.
iv. The Bank shall be entitled to terminate the PPI/PPI Services with immediate effect even prior to its expiry by efflux of time, upon the occurrence of any of the following events: (i) the User intimating the loss of the PPI; (ii) any breach of these Terms and Conditions; (iii) upon a specific request from the User to cancel or suspend the PPI; (iv) the Bank/Service Provider is unable or otherwise prevented from processing payments in relation to the PPI for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to restrictions imposed by law or regulation; (v) demise of the User; (vi) reported lunacy/insanity/unsound mind of the User; (vii) if the Bank deems that the PPI Services are being misused / improperly used in any manner ; and (viii) if any adverse report is received from any of the Bank's branches in the network or from any regulatory or monitoring authority.
v. In addition, RBL Bank or the Service Provider may, at any time, with or without notice, at its absolute discretion, terminate the PPI Services. RBL Bank or the Service Provider may also restrict or suspend the use of PPI Services at any time without prior notice, if the Bank reasonably believes it necessary for business or security reasons.
vi. As regards validity of the PPI, if there is not even one Customer induced Transaction for 1(one) year using the PPI, then the PPI will be termed as "Inactive" and for 36 months as "Dormant" and for 42 months as "Unclaimed". For Dormant and Unclaimed status PPIs, the Customer will have to complete KYC verification again as per the Bank's policy for activation of the PPI. The Bank may specify such terms and conditions as it may deem fit in its sole discretion for activation of such Inactive, Dormant and/or Unclaimed PPIs. TranServ reserves the right to recover the inactivity fee, account management fee or any such fees from the PPI Balances on monthly/quarterly/ annual basis till such time the PPI is inactive, without having to obtain any additional authorisation of the customer. In case of insufficient balances to recover the inactivity fee, TranServ reserves the right to recover all the amount available in the PPI.
13. FEES AND CHARGES:
i. All fees and charges related to PPIs including all fees and charges due to the Service Provider /Bank (including applicable charges set out in the fee table provided by the Bank to the User, or due to third parties), as determined by the Bank will be recovered by a debit to the PPI or through other means as available and applicable. The fee is not refundable. Any government charges, duty or debits, or tax payable as a result of the use of the PPI/PPI Services shall be the User's responsibility and if imposed upon the Bank or the Service Provider (either directly or indirectly), RBL Bank shall debit such charges, duty or tax against the PPI.
ii. The Bank reserves the right at any time to charge the User, any fees/ charges for the Transactions carried out by using his PPI.
iii. The Customer hereby agrees that the use of certain services on the PPI may involve charges and fees which are specific to the relevant service and shall be payable by the Customer as a condition for availing of the relevant service.
iv. RBL Bank reserves the right to change/modify/amend these Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to modify the fees and/or charges applicable to the PPI at any time. Details of the currently applicable fees and charges as stipulated by the Bank, will be displayed on the Service Provider's mobile app. The revised terms and charges, etc. shall be updated on the Service Provider's website. The changes will become effective, and shall be deemed accepted by You, after the initial posting and shall apply on a going-forward basis with respect to Transactions initiated after the posting date. You should make sure You view these Terms and Conditions periodically to make sure You are familiar with their most recent version. In the event that You do not agree with any such modification, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate Your use of the PPI Services.
v. GST/applicable Government Taxes, if any, as may be applicable from time to time on all fees, surcharge and other charges will be levied to the User.
vi. RBL Bank may choose to waive / alter certain fees by communicating the same to the Customer on a case to case basis.
14. USER'S OBLIGATIONS AND COVENANTS:
i. You shall be solely liable for entering into any Transaction and the risk arising thereof.
ii. You accept that at Your request and risk, the Bank has agreed to provide You the PPI/PPI Services and You accept full responsibility for all Transactions recorded by use of Your PPI.
iii. All authorizations and power conferred by You on the Bank /the Service Provider are irrevocable.
iv. Any instruction given by means of the PPI shall be irrevocable.
v. You shall, in all circumstances, accept full responsibility for the use of the PPI, whether or not processed with your knowledge or Your authority, expressed or implied.
vi. You irrevocably authorize the Bank to debit the amounts utilized by using the PPI for Transactions from your PPI.
vii. The Bank will employ its best efforts in carrying out the Transactions but will not incur any liability either to the Customer or any other person for any reason whatsoever including for its delay or inability to carry out a Transaction or an instruction.
viii. Amounts due and payable by the Customer, if not paid separately shall be recovered by the Bank from the funds available in the PPI to the extent permitted under Applicable Laws.
ix. The Bank shall have discretion not to allow You to carry out a Transaction where it has reason to believe that the use of PPI is not authorized or the Transaction appears ambiguous or unclear or such as to raise a doubt.
x. The User shall not use any PPI/PPI Services to commit, aid, support or conceal any fraudulent, criminal, illegal, prohibited or objectionable activity whatsoever.
xi. The User shall bring to the notice of the Bank, any violations of these Terms and Conditions or any suspicious activity as and when the User becomes aware of it.
xii. The User shall acknowledge the risks associated with electronic financial transactions and shall use all such services offered by the Bank at the User's own risk.
xiii. The User shall accept the Bank's record of the Transactions as conclusive and binding for all purposes. The liability of the Bank/ Service Provider is restricted to the extent of the amount lying in the PPI only till the PPI has not been cancelled, expired, terminated.
15. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
i. The Bank relies on several third party services in delivering its services. The Bank shall not be held liable for any delays, failures, lack of accurate status or fulfilment of Transactions or making available information about past transactions that are dependent on third parties.
ii. The Service Provider may, at its sole discretion, make several promotional offers such as issuance of vouchers, announcing discounts ,etc. You expressly agree and acknowledge that the Bank shall not be responsible or liable in any manner in respect of any such promotional or other offers made by the Service Provider. The Bank disclaims all liability arising out of any such offer issued by the Service Provider and availed by the User.
iii. The Bank makes reasonable efforts to effect all payment instructions but assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to effect any payment instruction(s) for any reason whatsoever.
iv. The Bank makes reasonable efforts to keep its machines, services available. Several factors outside the control of the Bank may disrupt availability and quality of services. The Bank shall make reasonable efforts to keep Users informed about the service quality and availability issues through one or more electronic or digital channels.
v. The Bank updates its services regularly to provide better experience and/or more capabilities to Users. In the process, the Bank may introduce faulty behaviour, lose information related to past transactions, discontinue or break previously available services. The Bank disclaims any and all warranties including, but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness or completeness of information, and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under Applicable Laws.
vi. RBL Bank employs reasonable technology and systems to guard access to the User's accounts and information. However, the User acknowledges that the User is solely responsible for protecting account information and that the Bank is providing authentication, authorisation and access control services for the User's information on a best effort basis and that the User cannot hold the Bank or any of its associates or affiliates responsible for any compromise, loss, theft or damage to such information, irrespective of the cause. RBL Bank may deny access to the User's accounts maintained with it, if it suspects or has reasonable doubt to suspect or if so instructed by competent regulatory or legal authority or upon its sole assessment of risk, abuse and non-compliant activities associated with such account.
vii. RBL Bank shall be entitled to rely upon any third party systems, tools or mechanisms to safeguard its own systems against any fraud. Such third party systems may rely upon the User's data and information for detection and mitigation of fraud.
viii. The User acknowledges that the User or third party content presented is obtained from sources believed by the Bank to be reliable. The Bank does not provide any guarantee with respect to such content and the Bank shall not be held liable for any loss suffered by Users based on their reliance on or use of such data, whether any such data is published on the website of the Bank or in its communications to the Users.
ix. Without prejudice to the foregoing, RBL Bank shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of :
a. Any issue emerging post availing of the goods and services from the Merchant;
b. The refusal to honour or to accept the PPI;
c. The malfunction of any computer/PoS terminal;
d. Effecting transaction instructions given other than by a Customer;
e. Handing over of the PPI credentials by the Customer;
f. The exercise by RBL Bank of its right to demand and procure the surrender of the PPI prior to the expiry, whether such demand and surrender is made and/ or procured by RBL Bank or by any person or computer terminal;
g. The exercise by RBL Bank of its right to terminate any PPI;
h. Any injury to the credit, character and reputation of the Customer alleged to have been caused by the repossession of the PPI and/ or, any request for its return or the refusal of any Merchant Establishment to honour or accept the PPI;
i. Any mis-statement, misrepresentation, error or omission in any details disclosed by RBL Bank or the Service Provider as otherwise required by law.
x. If RBL Bank or the Service Provider receives any process, summons, order of injunction, execution, distraint, freezing, levy, lien, information or notice which RBL Bank or the Service Provider in good faith believes/ calls into question the Customer's ability, or the ability of someone purporting to be authorized by the Customer, to transact on the PPI, RBL Bank may, at its option and without liability to the Customer or such other person, decline to allow the Customer to obtain any portion of his funds, or may pay such funds over to an appropriate authority and take any other steps required by Applicable Law. RBL Bank reserves the right to deduct from the balance available on the PPI, a service charge and any expenses it incurs, including without limitation legal fees, due to legal action involving the Customer's PPI.
xi. The PPI Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of the PPI Services is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, the PPI Services are provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from RBL Bank or the Service Provider or through the PPI Services will create any warranty not expressly stated herein. Without limiting the foregoing, neither RBL nor the Service Provider warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the PPI Services will meet your requirements; that the PPI Services will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the PPI Services will be free of viruses or other harmful components. Neither RBL Bank nor the Service Provider will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused or arising, directly or indirectly, including without limitation, as a result of loss of data; interruption or stoppage of access to and/or use of the PPI Services; interruption or stoppage of the websites of the Bank or the Service Provider, non-availability of connectivity links/hyperlinks.
xii. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the PPI Services is downloaded at your own risk, and You will be solely responsible for any damage to your property or loss of data that results from such download.
xiii. The Customer acknowledges that the Bank shall not be responsible nor shall they be liable to indemnify the Customer in the event of any loss or damage suffered by the Customer due to any cause or reason beyond the control of the Bank including, but not limited to, misplacement of the PPI or PIN (in case the PPI is a card), mechanical or technical failure and down time, connectivity down time etc. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Bank shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly due to use of the PPI/PPI Services.
xiv. Neither RBL nor the Service Provider, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for products advertised or offered by a third party through the PPI Services or any hyperlinked website or PPI Service, or featured in any banner or other advertising, and neither RBL Bank nor the Service Provider will be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of goods and/ or services.
i. In consideration of RBL Bank providing the Customer with the facility of the PPI, the Customer hereby agrees to indemnify and keep RBL Bank indemnified from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, personal injury, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which RBL Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to, as a consequence of or by reason of or arising out of, directly or indirectly providing the Customer, the said facility of the PPI or by reason of RBL Bank's acting in good faith and taking or refusing to take or omitting to take action on the Customer's instructions, and in particular arising directly or indirectly out of the negligence, mistake or misconduct of the Customer; breach or noncompliance of the rules/ terms and conditions relating to the PPI or fraud or dishonesty relating to any Transaction by the Customer.
ii. The Customer agrees to indemnify the Bank for any machine/ mechanical error/ failure or any technical down time which is not in the control of the Bank. The Customer shall also indemnify the Bank fully against any loss on account of misplacement by the courier, or loss-in-transit of the PPI and/ or PIN mailer (in case the PPI is a card).
iii. While the Bank makes reasonable effort to employ state of the art security measures appropriate for offering its services, it does not assure or guarantee that no person or entity will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorized access to its services or any accounts maintained with it. The Bank shall not be liable if any unauthorized person hacks into or gains access to the services or to any User's PPI. User shall indemnify the Bank of any liability arising out of such hacks or exploited vulnerabilities.
iv. RBL Bank may use multiple mechanisms that rely on the User's information including but not limited to personal, contacts, financial, transactional and biometric data in establishing or re-establishing identity and/or authentication of the User. User acknowledges that no information either singularly or in combination with other information is sufficient to establish true identity and that the Bank's efforts are on best efforts basis. The User shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank of any consequences whatsoever arising out of mistaken identity and/or compromised access irrespective of the reason for such a compromise or vulnerability.
17. ADDITION/WITHDRAWAL OF FACILITIES:
RBL Bank may, at its discretion, make available to the Customer more services on the PPI, PoS terminals, Internet or other wise and/ or other devices through shared networks for the Customer's convenience and use. All fees and charges related to Transactions done by the Customer at these devices as determined by RBL Bank from time to time, will be recovered by a debit to the balance available on the PPI. RBL Bank, be entitled to withdraw, discontinue, cancel, suspend or terminate the facility to use the PPI and/ or services related to it, at PoS terminal/ internet/ other devices within India and shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage suffered by him resulting in any way from such withdrawal, discontinuance, cancellation, suspension or termination.
18. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS :
i. The Bank reserves the right to disclose the Customer's information to any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi-judicial or regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and any other wing of Central Government or State Government. The Customer hereby consents to sharing of their information with the Bank and its authorized Service Provider(s) or agencies or partners for providing PPI Services in relation to the PPI.
ii. RBL Bank may use the Customer information/data to market, advertise and notify the Customer of various Bank offerings. The Customer fully understands that due to use by the Customer of the PPI Services, RBL Bank may create or generate database in respect of such Customer. All rights and ownership with respect to such database shall vest with RBL Bank.
iii. Nothing contained herein shall authorize the Customer to use, apply, invade or in any manner exploit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Bank, and the usage of the same shall be in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and such approval and policies as may be notified from time to time. In addition, the Customer undertakes not to infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
iv. The Customer undertakes not to infringe the intellectual property rights of the Bank, whether directly or indirectly through any third party. The Customer warrants that it shall only use the Bank's website, software application and the PPI/PPI Services for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. The Customer or any other person empowered by the Customer shall not use the Bank's website and/or software application and/or the PPI/PPI Services and software in any form whatsoever, for any purpose.
v. Except for information that You submit, all of the information available on or through the PPI/PPI Services and/or the Bank's website, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by the Bank and its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights and international treaties. You acknowledge that the PPI/PPI Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the PPI/ PPI Services contain the Bank's proprietary information. We give You permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to You by virtue of permitting your use of the PPI Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Bank's website for your own convenience, but You may not copy, distribute, republish, sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Bank's website in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant You any express or implied rights.
19. GENERAL PROVISIONS:
i. ASSIGNMENT: The User cannot assign or otherwise transfer any rights, liabilities and/or obligations hereunder, to any third party and any such assignment or transfer or purported assignment or transfer shall be void ab initio. The Bank's rights and/or obligations hereunder are freely assignable or otherwise transferable by it to any third parties without the requirement of seeking the User's prior consent. The Bank may inform the User of such assignment or transfer in accordance with the notice requirements on best effort basis.
ii. WAIVER: Any failure or delay by the Bank to enforce or exercise any provision hereof, or any related right, shall not constitute a waiver by the Bank of that provision or right. The exercise of one or more of the Bank's rights hereunder shall not be a waiver of, or preclude the exercise of, any other rights or remedies available to the Bank hereunder or in law or at equity. Any waiver by the Bank shall only be made in writing and executed by a duly authorized officer of the Bank.
iii. FORCE MAJEURE: If performance of any service or obligation hereunder by the Bank is prevented, restricted, delayed or interfered with by reason of power outage, labor disputes, strikes, acts of God, floods, lightning, severe weather, shortages of materials, utility or communication failures, earthquakes, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, civil commotion, acts of public enemies, blockade, embargo or any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand or requirement having legal effect of any government or any judicial authority or representative of any such government, or any other act whatsoever, whether similar or dissimilar to those referred to in this clause, which are beyond the reasonable control of the Bank or its third parties performing such services as sub-contractor to the Bank and could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions (each, a "Force Majeure Event"), then the Bank shall be excused from such performance to the extent of and during the period of such Force Majeure Event. The Bank shall exercise all reasonable commercial efforts to continue to perform its obligations hereunder.
iv. COMMUNICATION: Any communication from RBL Bank to the Customer will be deemed to be completed within 7 days of sending such a communication to the most recent mailing address or Email ID or mobile number available with RBL Bank. Customers can contact RBL Bank at:firstname.lastname@example.org
v. SURVIVAL: Notwithstanding the foregoing, such of the Terms and Conditions as are meant to survive termination / expiry hereof, will survive indefinitely unless and until the Bank chooses to terminate them.
20. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
i. If a dispute of any kind arises in respect of these Terms and Conditions, You may contact the Bank's Support Team at email@example.com or dial 022-6773 7800 within 30 days of the Transaction.
ii. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of India. All disputes arising out of the same which remain unresolved, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai, irrespective of whether any other court may have concurrent jurisdiction in the matter. The Customer shall be liable for all costs associated with resolution of the dispute, legal expenses and decretal amounts with interest, should it become necessary to refer the matter to any agent.
21. Fees & Charges with effect from April 1, 2018
A] UDIO WALLET
Loading Funds to the wallet
Convenience Fee of 1%* of loading amount, subject to a minimum of Rs.10/- and maximum of Rs.99/-(applicable w.e.f. 19th Sep 2018) Waived for loading through Debit Cards Waived for loading through Debit Cards
Wallet to Bank Transfer fee
2.75% or ₹. 10* (whichever is higher)
Wallet Account Management Fees#
₹ 100* per annum, levied on quarterly basis
B] UDIO RBL BANK PREPAID CARD
₹. 99* (shipping free in India)
Annual Fee^ (2nd year onwards)
₹. 50*per annum
ATM Withdrawal Fees (if applicable)
₹. 20 plus taxes as per the prevailing RBI Guidelines
₹. 99* (shipping free in India)
1% or ₹ 10 whichever is higher or as per the prevailing guidelines followed by acquiring banks
*All fees mentioned above are Inclusive of applicable GST/applicable Government Taxes
^ Annual Fee:
# Account Management Fee:
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR UDIO MOBILE APPLICATION
These Terms and Conditions (these "Terms & Conditions" or “T&Cs”) form the terms and conditions for the use of our UDIO Mobile Application Services (as hereinafter defined). This Agreement is a legal document between the Customer (as defined below) and TranServ Private Limited ("TranServ", "we ", "our" or "us") governing the Customer’s relationship with TranServ. The words “you”, “your” or “yours” refer to the “ Customer” using our UDIO Mobile Application.
This is an important document which you must consider carefully when choosing whether to use our UDIO Services at any time. Please read the terms contained herein carefully before agreeing to them. You are solely responsible for understanding and complying with any and all laws, rules and regulations of India that may be applicable to you in connection with your business and your use of our UDIO Services.
These Terms & Conditions supplement and are in addition to, and not in derogation of, the applicable Terms & Conditions relating to your usage of any other services offered by TranServ that you may be currently availing or may in future avail.
BY INSTALLING THE UDIO MOBILE APP AND COMPLETING THE SIGNUP OR REGISTRATION PROCESS, AND BY USING ANY PART OF THE UDIO MOBILE APP SERVICES, THE CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY AGREES TO AND CONSENTS TO BEING A CUSTOMER OF TRANSERV AND IRREVOCABLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, AND ALL OF THE TERMS SET OUT HEREIN FOR USAGE OF THE UDIO MOBILE APPLICATION. IF THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT SIGN UP OR REGISTER FOR THE UDIO MOBILE APPLICATION OR USE ANY PART OF THE UDIO MOBILE APP SERVICES.
In relation to these “Terms & Conditions” “ T&Cs”;
· All references to singular shall include plural and masculine gender shall include feminine gender;
· The clause headings are only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause; and
· If any provision hereof is held to be illegal, void or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be deemed to be deleted here from and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
In this document, the following word and phrases shall have the following meanings:
· A person desirous of availing the UDIO Services should apply to TranServ using its online or mobile platform and accept these T&Cs laid out for availing the UDIO Services, including the use of the UDIO Wallet.
· TranServ shall have a right, not to consider or reject any application, without assigning any reason.
· By registering to use, creating or using the UDIO Services, you represent and confirm, in addition to other representations that you may be required to make elsewhere in these T &Cs, that you are:
o 18 (eighteen) years of age or older;
o an Indian citizen, a legal resident of India or a business entity registered in India and authorized to conduct business in India; not 'incompetent to contract' within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1972; and
o entering into and performing these T&Cs, as per applicable law.
o We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time if we have reason to believe that your account is being used by any person who is not eligible, or not in compliance with the terms of this agreement. Your Udio wallet balance in all such cases would be forfeited. You further represent and confirm that you are not a person debarred from using and/or receiving the UDIO Services under the laws of India or other applicable laws.
· The UDIO Services can only be used in India. You acknowledge that the UDIO Services may be subject to import and export restrictions imposed by the laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines in force in India.
· In order to register, create and use the UDIO Services, TranServ may require that you submit certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, mobile phone number, e-mail address and date of birth to TranServ (“Personal Information”).
· During the registration process, or when you access the UDIO Services from a mobile phone, your mobile phone’s device ID may be stored. You agree that the Personal Information you provide upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete.
· You agree to maintain and update this Personal Information in case of any changes or inconsistencies. We rely completely on your representation that you are eligible and will bear no responsibility if you or anyone who uses your account or UDIO Wallet is found to not be eligible.
· You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for receiving notices or any other information in relation to the UDIO Services including at the email address that has been provided by you, and that TranServ is not in any manner responsible for any delay or failure in this regard. By consenting, you agree that electronic notices and information have the same meaning and effect as if we provided you with paper notices or information. When TranServ sends you an e-mail or other electronic notification alerting you that such notices or information are available electronically, that shall have the same meaning and effect as if we provided you with a paper notification to such effect, whether or not you choose to view such notices or information electronically.
· TranServ may share some or all information provided by you with the Partner Bank, Payment Service Providers, card associations or any other third parties as may be necessary for the efficient provision of UDIO Services by TranServ to the Customer. You hereby authorise TranServ to provide such information to such third parties, provided that, TranServ may, irrespective whether required under law or otherwise, seek additional information or documents from you on behalf of itself, Partner Bank or the Payment Service Providers for verifying any information provided during the registration.
You hereby authorize TranServ and/or Partner Bank directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity and/or authenticate your identity and account information. This may include an OTP authentication of your mobile number, or asking you for further information and/or documentation about your account usage or identity, or requiring you to confirm identification by furnishing KYC documentation, ownership of your email address, telephone number or financial instruments, among others. This process is for internal verification purposes.
· You shall be solely responsible for the security of the UDIO Mobile App and other UDIO Services and shall ensure that you take all necessary steps towards safekeeping and authorised use of the UDIO Mobile App and other UDIO Services. TranServ, towards this end, will initially ask you to generate a Password for the safety of your UDIO Mobile App or set a password and communicate to you and which could be changed by you.
· The Password should only be entered where prompted by TranServ or Partner Bank or third party platforms to authenticate a Transaction. You shall not disclose the password to anyone verbally, or in writing, or record it elsewhere.
· The security of the Password is very important and breach of any of the above requirements shall amount to unauthorised use of the UDIO Mobile App and other UDIO Services without any liability being attributable to TranServ for such breach or unauthorised use. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including, without limitation, all actions by sub-users registered under your account.
(a) immediately notify TranServ of any unauthorised use of your Password or your account or any other breach of security, and
(b) ensure that you securely exit from your account at the end of each session.
· The usage of the UDIO Services, is non-transferable by you and neither TranServ nor the Partner Bank assumes any liability for any Transaction authorised by any other person than the Account Holder. TranServ and the Partner Bank cannot and will not be liable for any loss, damage or other liability arising from your failure to comply with this clause or from any unauthorised access to or use of the UDIO Services.
· Please do not share your Registration Data with any third parties as You will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Registration Data and will be liable for all activities and transactions that occur through Your Account and UDIO Mobile App, whether initiated by You or any third party
· In accordance with the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes issued by RBI, or any other regulatory body to prevent money laundering and the funding of terrorism in India, We may suspend or terminate Your Account with immediate effect if we have reason to believe that the Registration Data or any other data provided by You is incorrect, or that the security of Your Account has been compromised in any way.
Please note that in order to comply with the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes issued by RBI, or any other regulatory body, we do not allow You to open more than one Account in association with the phone number registered in Your name. In the event that You have forgotten the password to Your Account, You may click on Forgot Password? to request a new password. Based on Our sole discretion and if We are satisfied that the identity of the applicant for a new password matches Your identity, We will send an email to Your Registered Email ID, with instructions to reset Your password ("Password Instructions"). You will be solely responsible for any transactions which occur through Your Account once We send the Password Instructions to Your Registered Email ID. In the event that You are unable to access Your Account or UDIO Mobile App for any reason other than forgetting Your password, please inform Us at the UDIO Services Helpdesk and make a request for blocking Your Account. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions made through Your Account prior to You making a request for blocking.
· A Customer can choose to pay Merchants in exchange of some goods or services provided by the Merchant. The Merchants who accept the UDIO Wallet as payment will be approved by TranServ and the list of Merchants will be conveyed to Customers from time-to-time. The list of Merchants could be amended from time-to-time and TranServ does not undertake to intimate Customers for any such change to the list of Merchants.
· Before accepting shipment of any product, the Customer has to ensure that the product's packaging is not damaged or tampered. If the Customer observes that the package is damaged or tampered, the Customer is advised to refuse to accept delivery and inform Merchant at the earliest
· If the Customer is unsatisfied with the service provided by the Merchant or hasn’t received goods promised by the Merchant. Any such dispute should be raised within a period of 30 days from the date of the payment.
· If the dispute is found valid, the amount charged for the payment will be refunded from the Merchant and credited back to your UDIO Wallet. However, if the dispute is ruled in the favour of the Merchant, the amount charged for the payment will not be refunded to your UDIO Wallet. If you have a dispute with participating Merchants relating to payment, TranServ is not responsible for any such dispute and you hereby release us (and our officers, directors, agents, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. All risks associated with delivery will be solely that of the Merchant and not TranServ. All disputes regarding quality, merchantability, non-delivery, delay in delivery or otherwise will be directly between the Customer and the Merchant without making TranServ a party to such disputes.
· You acknowledge and agree that TranServ is solely responsible for facilitating the transaction processing. Your use of the other services may be subject to separate agreements you may enter into with your mobile device operating system provider (e.g., Apple, Google or Microsoft), your mobile device manufacturer (e.g., Apple, Samsung), your mobile service carrier (e.g., Airtel or Vodafone), your internet service provider and other parties involved in providing you with data services. You agree to comply with all applicable third party terms of agreement when using the third party services. TranServ is not a party to those agreements and has no liability or responsibility for the products and services provided by such third parties or for your use of these third party services. Fees & Charges
· TranServ reserves the right at any time to charge the Customer any Fees / Charges for the Transactions carried out by you using the UDIO Wallet. Details of applicable fees and charges will be available here in these T&Cs from time to time as and when TranServ deems it fit.
· The Fees and Charges are subject to change at the sole discretion of TranServ. Such change shall be made available here in these T&C’s from time to time and hence, it is advised to the Customer to be updated with the T&Cs from time to time.
Refunds and Chargebacks
· Customer may have the right to initiate a chargeback request in accordance with the terms and conditions of Your debit or credit card scheme. Please note that Your chargeback request will be processed by Your debit/ credit card provider and not by Us. Therefore, We bear no liability for the processing of chargeback requests.
· In order to comply with the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes issued by RBI, or any other regulatory body, We reserve the right to review Your Account and transaction history pursuant to a chargeback request, in order to determine the occurrence of fraud. If We have any reason to believe that there has been fraudulent activity on Your Account, We reserve the right to terminate Your Account with immediate effect.
· If We receive a request from a User for refund or cancellation of payment, We will forward the request to the Merchant. When the Merchant receives a forwarded request for refund or cancellation, the Merchant will determine whether a refund or cancellation request must be processed. If the said request must be processed, in accordance with these terms and conditions. Whenever a refund is agreed to be made by the Merchant to a Customer, the Merchant will issue a credit slip to Us within 15 days after the refund has been agreed to be made by the Merchant to the User and We will:
· Debit the Merchant's bank account at the earliest;
· Deduct the outstanding amount from subsequent credits to the Merchant's bank account; and/ or
· If there is no credit amount with Us, or insufficient funds available therein, claim from the Merchant the amount credited to the account for the transaction in question, along with interest applicable as per standard bank rates in India.
· Where We determine that a refund request is valid, We will make every reasonable effort to grant the refund request and return the requisite funds to Your UDIO Wallet.
· We will make every reasonable effort to respond to Your refund request at the earliest. Please note that We will not be responsible for delays, which may be caused by any third parties, such as Partner Bank, banks and Merchants, on whom We rely while processing Your refund request.
· These T&Cs may be modified at any time and from time to time, discontinued temporarily or permanently ("Revised") by Us.
· The T&Cs shall be updated as and when TranServ deems it fit and will be available here in these T&Cs for the Customer to view.
· Please ensure that You read the Revised T&Cs carefully because You will be bound by the Revised T&Cs You are bound by such revisions and should therefore we advise you to keep yourself updated with the T&Cs. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed to be an unconditional acceptance of the Revised T&Cs.
· The UDIO Wallet is issued and valid only in India and is available only for residents and citizens of India.
· By using the UDIO Services, the Customer agrees to adhere to all the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes as prescribed from time to time by TranServ, Partner Bank and RBI or any other regulatory body.
· The Customer shall accept full responsibility for wrongful use of the UDIO Services and which is in contravention of these T & Cs. The Customer shall indemnify TranServ and Partner Bank to make good any loss, damage, interest or any other financial charges that TranServ and Partner Bank may incur and or suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of the Customer committing violations of these T & Cs.
· TranServ reserves the absolute discretion and liberty to decline or honour the authorisation request on the UDIO Mobile App without assigning any reason thereof.
· The Customer agrees that he will not use the UDIO Mobile App for payment of any (a) narcotics, banned steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) certain weapons or knives regulated under the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes issued by RBI, or any other regulatory body.
· TranServ may at its sole discretion, utilize the services of external service providers/or agents and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its UDIO Services.
· We reserve the right to modify, terminate or suspend Services to You at any time without prior notice due to any changes in internal policy or due to RBI Regulations or other applicable laws.
· You may request for termination of Services at any time by submitting a request on the Official Website. We will make every effort to respond to Your request for termination of Service at the earliest.
· You will remain responsible for all transactions that occurred prior to termination of Your Account.
We have enabled following payment functionalities to Customers through the balances available in the Udio Wallet.
o When We receive payment instructions from Customer to pay a Merchant, Customer authorises and orders Us to commit Customer’s payment to that Merchant. This authorisation will remain in effect as long as Customer maintains an Account with Us.
o In the event that Customer is not satisfied with the goods or services provided by a Merchant for any reason, We recommend that the Customer report the matter to the Merchant in question. Please note that We are not responsible for the goods or services provided by the Merchants and cannot be involved in any disputes between a Merchant and Customer regarding the same.
Our current bill payment services include telecom and DTH bills, and we are continuously expanding the list of permitted bill payment categories and individual billers. TranServ assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to affect any Payment Instruction(s) on the Payment Date owing to the following circumstances:
o If the Payment Instruction(s) issued by you is/are incomplete, inaccurate, invalid and delayed.
o If the Payment Account has insufficient funds/limits to cover for the amount as mentioned in the Payment Instruction(s)
o If the funds available in the Payment Account are under any encumbrance or charge.
o If your Bank refuses or delays honouring the Payment Instruction(s)
o If payment is not processed by biller upon receipt.
o Circumstances beyond the control of TranServ (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural disasters, bank strikes, power failure, systems failure like computer or telephone lines breakdown due to an unforeseeable cause or interference from an outside force)
o In case the bill payment is not effected for any reason, you will be intimated about the failed payment by an e-mail
o Partial payment may not be allowed
o Excess payment may not be allowed
o Wherever allowed, payment after due date should be paid along with late fee applicable as per the bill)
o For bill payments, it is the responsibility of the Customer to enter the correct bill amount (even if it includes along with late fee)
UDIO Services provides a social Gifting feature whereby users or business entities can gift / send a particular coupon or vouchers. Users are advised to understand the details of the redemption of each such coupon before purchasing and gifting the same. It is to be understood that TranServ is not the ultimate seller/merchant of the goods/services that can be redeemed against the coupon. Transerv is only a facilitator and technology service provider for Coupon services and is not a warrantor or guarantor of the services to be provided. Coupons provided by us to you are sold without recourse against us for any breach of contract by such outlets and Merchants. Any disputes regarding the quality, minutes provided, cost, expiration, or other terms of the Gift purchased must be handled directly between the Customer of the Gift and such outlet or Merchant.
o You may avail of only those modes of payment as listed herein in these T&Cs including credit card, debit card, net banking or any other mode which list may be revised from time to time by Us.
o When You choose to load money into Your UDIO Wallet You will be required to provide certain "Payment Details" for the purpose of making the desired transaction. If You provide such Payments Details, You agree that You do so voluntarily.
o The Payment Details You provide must be true and accurate to the best of Your knowledge, information and belief. We do not bear any liability for the consequences if You provide false or incorrect Payment Details.
o You represent and warrant that You are legally and fully entitled to use any debit card, credit card or bank account that You attempt to use to load funds.
o You represent and warrant that the bank account through which You attempt to load funds into Your UDIO Wallet has sufficient funds to permit Your proposed transaction. We bear no liability for loading transactions which are cancelled on account of insufficient funds in Your bank account.
o You hereby authorise us to hold, receive and disburse funds in Your UDIO Wallet in accordance with any payment or receipt instructions We receive from You. Among other things, Your authorisation permits Us to debit or credit the bank account associated with Your Payment Details. Your authorisation will remain in effect as long as You maintain an Account with Us. You may view the transaction history associated with Your UDIO Wallet through your account. If You wish to request a refund or chargeback on any past transaction which has occurred through Your UDIO Wallet, You may do so in accordance with the provisions provided herein below in these T&Cs. For the purpose of building a robust fraud management mechanism as well as to create a secured payment platform environment, we could set different frequency and value parameter limits on various transaction types within all the features covered under this Section.
Wallet Loading and Use - Suspicious charges and transactions
· If We have reason to believe that any payment instructions made on Your Account have been fraudulently made, We will suspend and deny You access to Your Account in order to investigate and report the suspicious activity in accordance with the various norms, rules, regulations, laws and statutes issued by RBI, or any other regulatory body and applicable laws. Such suspension will continue in effect till the conclusion of the investigation.
· Please note that we are reliant on a number of third parties such as Partner Bank, banks and Merchants while conducting the investigation. However, we will make every reasonable effort to conclude the investigation at the earliest.
· Upon conclusion of the investigation and based on its results, we may be required to terminate Your Account with immediate effect, in accordance of these T&Cs.
Customer’s Obligations & Covenants
The Customer, by conveying their acceptance to these Terms & Conditions, acknowledges and agrees that:
· UDIO Services made available on UDIO Mobile Applications are GPRS/EDGE/3G dependent and cannot be availed by you in the event of GPRS/EDGE/3G failure and/or download error. TranServ is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for non-provisioning of the UDIO Services due to GPRS/EDGE/3G failure/connectivity failure/download error. GPRS/EDGE provisioning on handsets are governed by terms of respective mobile operator.
· UDIO Mobile App account is linked to your registered mobile number. TranServ will not be held liable for unauthorized use of UDIO Mobile App on account of loss/theft/misplacement of mobile number and/or sim card, unless you have informed UDIO customer care about such loss/theft/misplacement and have blocked wallet temporarily till you reactivate the same using a new sim card with same mobile number.
· As the account id is connected to your mobile number, it is your responsibility to inform TranServ in case you terminate using the mobile number that corresponds to your account id. The account id corresponding to the mobile number you register with can be accessed by you only till the time you have access to the corresponding mobile number. It is your responsibility to transfer your account id to a new mobile number if and when you change your number. Not doing so may give access to your UDIO Wallet credit balance to the new user of the same mobile number, and TranServ will not be liable or responsible for the same. In case of loss of your mobile phone and/or UDIO Wallet password/pin, you should intimate TranServ immediately. TranServ shall make every attempt to block access to your UDIO Mobile App account under such circumstances; however, TranServ shall not be liable for any losses a user may incur due to the above. The responsibility to safeguard the UDIO Wallet account balance rests entirely with you.
· The Customer will be liable for all Transactions and for the related charges.
· The Customer accepts that at their request and risk that TranServ has agreed to provide the UDIO Services to them and the Customer accepts full responsibility for all Transactions recorded by the use of their UDIO Mobile App.
· An instruction given by means of the UDIO Mobile App shall be irrevocable.
· The Customer shall, in all circumstances, accept full responsibility for the use of their UDIO Mobile App, whether or not processed with his knowledge or his authority, expressed or implied.
· The Customer irrevocably authorizes TranServ to debit the amounts utilized by using the UDIO Mobile App for Transactions.
· The Customer agrees to receive all commercial messages including transactional messages from TranServ
· The Customer should hold TranServ indemnified and harmless for its actions in good faith and in the normal course of business based on the Transactions.
· TranServ will employ its best efforts in carrying out the Transactions but will not incur any liability to the Customer, the Merchant or any other person for any reason whatsoever, including for its delay or inability to carry out a Transaction or an instruction.
· You hereby agree that you will bear and be responsible for the payment of all relevant taxes (including any applicable withholding taxes), surcharge etc. arising from their use of the UDIO Services and in relation to the payments made under these Terms & Conditions. You are responsible for determining any and all taxes assessed, incurred, or required to be collected, paid or withheld for any reason. You are solely responsible for collecting, withholding, reporting and remitting correct taxes to the appropriate tax authority. We are not obligated to, nor will we determine whether taxes apply, or calculate, collect, report or remit any taxes to any tax authority arising from any transaction. In addition, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable central, state or local tax laws.
· Amounts due and payable by the Customer, if not paid separately, shall be recovered by TranServ.
· TranServ may at its sole discretion withdraw or suspend the UDIO Mobile App or any UDIO Services, or amend any of their features without notice to the Customer.
· TranServ shall have discretion for not to allow the Customer to carry out a Transaction where it has any reason to believe that the use of the UDIO Mobile App is not authorized or the Transaction appears to not be genuine or unclear or raises such doubts. TranServ, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to either temporarily or permanently withdraw the privileges of the UDIO Services, at any time without giving any notice or assigning any reason thereof, to any Customer. In case of temporary withdrawal, the privileges may be reinstated by TranServ as deemed fit. However, it is made distinctly clear the withdrawal (temporarily or permanently) shall constitute automatic withdrawal of all attendant benefits, privileges and services attached to the UDIO Services, or the UDIO Wallet, as the case may be. However, the Customer shall continue to be fully liable for all the charges incurred for usage of the UDIO Services, or the UDIO Wallet, as the case may be, prior to such withdrawal together will all other applicable charges thereon, unless other specified by TranServ.
· You acknowledge and agree that TranServ is not a bank.
· You acknowledge and agree that TranServ does not provide or undertake any payment, disbursement, clearing or settlement services as understood under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (“PSS Act”); any banking services as understood under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (“Banking Regulation Act”); any activities undertaken by a financial institution as understood under the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The UDIO Services provided by TranServ constitute a technology and aggregation platform that enables the Customer to avail the benefit of these services provided by Payment Service Providers and Partner Bank who are authorised to provide these services under the PSS Act and Banking Regulation Act, as the case may be. You acknowledge and agree that TranServ has no responsibility or liability to you related to any such services provided by Payment Service Provider or Partner Bank or any other third parties to you through the use of the UDIO Services other than as expressly set forth in these Terms & Conditions By accepting these Terms & Conditions, you authorize us to settle funds on your behalf. Your authorization will remain in full force and effect until your UDIO Mobile App account is closed or terminated.
· You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass another User;
· You do not and will not infringe any third party's intellectual property, trade secret, other proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy; He will not be defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing in his communications with Us or other Users; He will not be indecent, obscene in his communications with Us or other Users; He will not be seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial, ethnic or religious hatred, discriminatory, menacing, tortuous, scandalous, inflammatory or blasphemous in his communication with Us or other Users; He will not constitute and/or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
· You will not spread material that is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer/ mobile viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data or any other code or files) or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally destroy, limit, interrupt, interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate the functionality of any system, data or personal information. He will not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) goodwill or business; and His communication with Us or other Users will not be in the nature of political campaigning, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional and/ or commercial solicitation, chain letters, pyramid schemes, mass mailings and/or any form of "spam" or solicitation.
Representations & Warranties
Customer represent and warrant to us that:
· We are reliant on third parties such as banks to deliver timely Services. Since We cannot control the actions of such third parties, We will not be responsible to render Services or process payments or refunds on the following days ("Nonworking Days"):
· Days which are declared as holidays by the RBI, or any other day which is declared a holiday by the RBI on its official website and UDIO Wallet;
· Days including Saturdays and Sundays and declared as bandhs or festivals in Mumbai, any State or Union Territory in India. ; and
· Days on which a "Force Majeure" event occurs, as defined under the Physical Contract.
The User hereby undertakes and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TranServ including their officers, directors and agents from and against all actions, proceedings, claims (including third party claims), liabilities (including statutory liability), penalties, demands and costs (including without limitation, legal costs), awards, damages, losses and/or expenses however arising directly or indirectly, including but not limited to, as a result of: breach or non-performance by the Merchant of any of its undertakings, warranties, covenants, declarations or obligations under this Agreement;
· breach of confidentiality and intellectual property rights obligations by the Customer;
· any claim or proceeding brought by the Customer or any third party against TranServ in respect of any Products or Services offered by the Merchant;
· any act, deed, negligence, omission, misrepresentation, default, misconduct, non-performance or fraud by the Merchant, its employees, contractors, agents, Customers or any third party;
· Chargebacks or refunds relating to the Transactions contemplated under these T&Cs;
· breach of law, rules regulations, legal requirements (including RBI regulations, Card Association Rules, Acquiring Bank rules) in force in India and/or in any place from where the Customers is making the Transaction and/or where the Product is or to be Delivered and/or where the respective Issuing Institution is incorporated/registered/established; or
· any fines, penalties or interest imposed directly or indirectly on TranServ on account of Customer’s or Transactions conducted through them under these Terms and Conditions.
· The indemnities under this Clause are in addition to and without prejudice to the indemnities given elsewhere in this Agreement. The indemnities provided herein shall survive the termination of these T&Cs.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms & Conditions and/or the Transactions shall be governed by Indian law and all courts in Mumbai shall have the exclusive jurisdiction as regards any claims or matters arising out of the use of the UDIO Services, including the UDIO Wallet.
· Except for our limited role in processing payments that You authorize or initiate, We are not involved in any underlying transaction between You, any other User, Merchant, Partner Bank, Card Issuer bank or other third party. We are not a bank and do not offer banking services.
· We may use the services of one or more third parties to provide the Service and process Your transactions. We are not a selling agent in connection with any sale to You of goods or services by any person. We have no control over the quality, fitness, safety, reliability, legality, or any other aspect of any good or service that you may purchase using the Service or any third party website that You may use to access the Service.
· Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including without limitation, any representation or warranty for accuracy, continuity, uninterrupted access, timeliness, sequence, quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement or completeness. Specifically, We disclaim any and all warranties including, but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness or completeness of information, and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable laws.
· We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the Service in terms of its compatibility, correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You assume total responsibility and risk for Your access and use of the Service. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at Your own discretion and risk and that You will be solely responsible for any damage to Your operating system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from Us or through or from the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these T&Cs.
· Although We adopt security measures We consider appropriate for the offer of this Service, We do not assure or guarantee that no person will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorized access to the Service or any Accounts. We will not be liable if any unauthorized person hacks into or gains access to the Service or to Your Account and You will be liable and responsible for the same.
· We will take every reasonable effort not to share any of the Payment Details, Registration Data or other personal information (collectively, "Personal Information") You provide Us, except as required under RBI Regulations and other applicable laws, or to the limited extent necessary for us to implement any payment instructions We receive from You. We will bear no liability for the consequences in any event where Your Personal Information has been willingly or inadvertently shared by You with any third party.
The Customer has the right to lodge complaint if they are not satisfied with the services rendered by TranServ. The complaint can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CORPORATE MEAL / FUEL / MEDICAL or ANY SUCH VOUCHER PROGRAM FOR EMPLOYEES
These Terms and Conditions (‘T&C’) apply to and regulate the provisions of electronic meal vouchers, electronic medical vouchers, electronic fuel vouchers, cash disbursement and reimbursement of funds facility (“Services”) provided to the employees of the corporate registered with TranServ for the corporate program, by TranServ Private Limited (‘TranServ’), a company validly registered under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered offices at Office no. 2, Ground Floor, High Tech Plaza, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai-400093.
Corporate- A Company (Pvt. Ltd or Ltd), Partnership, Firm, Organisation or any other such Institution which has an agreement with TranServ to provide services of Udio application or website, EMV and MV to its Employees.
Disbursements- Any amount loaded into the Employee’s wallet by the Corporate by way of credit which can be used online via Udio Card or at Udio Merchants or offline via Udio cards. Disbursements will be like general cash and will not be restricted for use at any specific Merchant categories.
Employee - The recipient of the EMV, MV, EFV, Disbursements and Reimbursements from the Corporate by virtue of being employed by the Corporate.
EMV- The Electronic Meal Vouchers which shall be provided by TranServ to the Employees of the Corporate. The scope of EMV covers restaurants, cafes, dinners, fast food outlets which shall provide food and non- alcoholic beverages.This selection is governed by the parameters such as Merchant Category Code (MCC) or any such selection criteria available, at the sole descrition of TranServ. TranServ will not be responsible for any error in such identifications which occurs due to the events beyond its reasonable control.
Merchant- Eating joints or outlets selling food and/or beverages and which accepts Udio Card or Wallet whether online or offline and includes retailers, distributors, or manufacturers.
MV- The Electronic Medical Vouchers given to the Employees of the Corporate which can be availed by them with restriction to usage at pharmacies, clinics and hospitals only. This selection is governed by the parameters such as Merchant Category Code (MCC) or any such selection criteria available, at the sole descrition of TranServ. TranServ will not be responsible for any error in such identifications which occurs due to the events beyond its reasonable control.
EFV – The Electronic Medical Vouchers given to the Employees of the Corporate which can be availed by them with restriction to usage at fuel stations only. This selection is governed by the parameters such as Merchant Category Code (MCC) or any such selection criteria available, at the sole descrition of TranServ. TranServ will not be responsible for any error in such identifications which occurs due to the events beyond its reasonable control.
Reimbursements- Any cash load done into the user’s Udio wallet for expenses incurred related to official purposes. Reimbursements will be like general cash and will not be restricted for use at any specific Merchant categories.
The Services shall be provided by TranServ to the Corporate for its Employees. The Corporate shall identify all its Employees eligible to receive the EMVs and MVs. All eligible Employees of the Corporate shall be identified by their respective mobile numbers and the same shall be informed to TranServ by the Corporate.
The Employee registered with Udio will receive a communication informing them that the voucher/cash amount has been loaded in to their Wallet.
The Employee not registered with Udio will receive a communication asking them to register on Udio to avail the vouchers/cash.
The Employee can access the vouchers/cash via Udio wallet only via the Android, iOS and the website (www.udioforyou.com).
Upon initiation of a load of EMVs, MVs or cash Disbursement/Reimbursement by the Corporate, the Employee will receive a notification from TranServ via SMS/Email/Push messages. TranServ shall ensure that the communication is sent on the mobile number and also on the email id, if made available to TranServ. It shall be the Corporate’s responsibility to provide the correct and current mobile numbers of its Employees to TranServ.
If the Employee desires to alter his/her mobile number, he/she shall intimate the Corporate about the same and execute necessary documents as prescribed by Corporate and/or under relevant laws in this regard. The Corporate shall promptly inform such change to TranServ who on the receipt of the same shall execute the necessary process, if feasible.
The Employee agrees that the Services including issuance of Udio Wallet and Udio Card is subject to rules and regulations introduced or amended from time to time by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or any other regulatory body.
Udio Card shall be issued to the existing Employees by TranServ upon receiving written instructions from the Corporate and after performing due diligence as prescribed by the Partner Bank and RBI from time to time. Udio Card issued to any Employee may be cancelled by TranServ upon receiving written instructions from the Corporate. Also the Udio Card issued to any Employee may be cancelled at the sole discretion of TranServ or the Partner Bank, if the Corporate is unable or unwilling to meet its obligations under the terms of the Agreement executed with TranServ or if the user is deemed to have committed fraudulent activities with regards to the Udio Card. It shall be the responsibility of the Employee to ensure that the Udio Card is returned to the Corporate upon termination of his/her employment with the Corporate.
How to Avail The Services
The Employee shall use the EMVs and MVs as per income tax requirements mentioned below. The voucher amounts to be shared with Employees shall be limited as per the below restrictions:
o Electronic Meal Vouchers: Maximum of Rs. 2,200/- per month per Employee as per income tax regulations.
o Electronic Medical Vouchers: Maximum of Rs. 1,250/- per month per Employee as per income tax regulations.
· Employee shall be entitled to use Udio only for food, non-alcoholic beverage, ready-to eat items (for EMVs) and medical services (for MVs) as authorized by TranServ. Udio services shall be valid only in India.
· TranServ and the Merchant concerned, reserves the right to refuse the use of Udio at a Merchant for any reason whatsoever. Any charge levied by the Merchant on the purchase made by the Employee using Udio shall be settled by the Employee with the Merchant directly and TranServ shall not be responsible for the same at any point in time.
Upon usage of Udio at a Merchant, it shall be the Employee’s responsibility to sign and collect the customer copy of the charge slip/s upon making payment using Udio. TranServ shall not be responsible to provide copies of the charge slips to the Employee.
The Employee’s right to use Udio shall be terminated by TranServ forthwith in the event of:
· Intimation by the Corporate to terminate Udio for the Employee;
· Loss or theft of Udio Card;
· Failure by the Employee to fulfil any of the obligations as mentioned in this T&C.
· Instance of fraud detected by TranServ with regards to the Udio Wallet or Card
The Employee shall act in good faith at all times in relation to all dealings. He/She shall accept full responsibility for wrongful use of the EMV and MV and which is in contravention of these T&Cs. He/She shall also not use Udio for payment of any illegal/unlawful purchase/purpose.
The Employee of the Corporate hereby authorises TranServ to debit and/or credit any amount as per the instructions received from their respective Corporate. The employee shall hold TranServ harmless for any such acts of debit and/or credit initiated by TranServ as per the instructions of their respective corporate.
TranServ reserves the absolute discretion and liberty to decline or honour the authorization requests on Udio without assigning any reason thereof. TranServ may, at its sole discretion, utilize the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary in relation to its Services.
The Vouchers can be redeemed online at all permitted TranServ merchants or offline at all permitted merchants who are Visa/Master/Rupay enabled as per the below details
The EMVs and MVs shall expire after 365 days from the date of issue. After the said period, the Employees of the Corporate will not have any access to them. The amount loaded per Employee shall be restricted as per RBI’s guidelines governing semi closed prepaid payment instruments. The following limitations shall be applicable:
Employees can receive vouchers up to only Rs. 50/- per meal and up to 2 meals per day for every working day i.e. maximum of Rs. 100/- per day. The maximum limit per month shall be Rs 2,200/-.
Vouchers can be redeemed only for food and non-alcoholic beverages at Merchants. It is the Employee’s duty to ensure that he/she only pays through the vouchers for the above-mentioned items.
Redemption of EMVs can only be made on weekdays and non-public holidays and up to a maximum of Rs. 50 per meal.
· Employees can receive a maximum of Rs. 1,250/- per month worth of MVs.
· These MVs can be redeemed at medical establishments only for the purchase of medical related products or services as per income tax guidelines
· Employees shall submit itemized bills/receipts as proof to their Corporate to show the usage of the MVs.
· Udio as well as MVs and EMVs loaded thereon are not transferable in any circumstances.
Breach And Termination/Withdrawal
In the event of any breach of the T&C by any Employee, notwithstanding any other provision of these T&Cs, the Employee will remain liable for any loss, directly or indirectly, resulting from such a breach; and the Employee shall be liable to pay to TranServ, upon demand, all amounts outstanding from the Employee to TranServ.
· The Employee may at any point of time, by giving 30 days prior notice in writing to the Corporate request for termination of provision of the Services. The above notice shall be promptly forwarded by the Corporate to TranServ.
· Notwithstanding the termination of the Services, the Employee shall continue to remain liable for all the charges incurred before and subsequent to the termination of the Services.
· The Employee will indemnify TranServ and hold it harmless for any / all losses caused due to cancellation (wrongful or otherwise) of Services. No notification of employment termination by the Corporate or instruction to cancel Services by the Employee shall be valid unless given in writing against acknowledgment.
· On termination of the Services and notwithstanding any prior agreement between TranServ and the Corporate to the contrary: (A) the total of all the charges then outstanding, whether or not already reflected in the statement and, (B) the amount of any voluntary charges incurred after termination (with effect from the date of relevant transaction instruction), shall become forthwith due and payable by the Employee as though they had been so reflected, and interest will accrue thereon from the date such charges have been incurred, as applicable from time to time.
· TranServ, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to, either temporarily or permanently, withdraw the privileges on Udio and/or cancel Udio at any time without giving any notice or assigning any reason thereof.
· In case of a temporary withdrawal, the privileges may be reinstated by TranServ at its sole discretion.
· In case of a permanent withdrawal, TranServ has a right to refuse Udio to the Employee permanently.
· However, it is made distinctly clear that withdrawal (temporary or permanent) shall constitute automatic withdrawal of all attendant benefits, privileges and services attached to Udio.
Exclusion of Liability
· TranServ does not take any responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries suffered or caused to the Employee in connection with the service, quality of goods or services provided by the Merchant and the medical establishment to the Employee.
· TranServ makes reasonable efforts for affecting all payment instructions but assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to affect any payment instruction(s) for any reason whatsoever.
· TranServ shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage arising, directly or indirectly, out of the refusal of any Merchant and medical establishment to accept the EMVs or MVs.
· The Employee shall indemnify TranServ to make good any loss, damage, interest, or any other financial charge that TranServ may incur and/or suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of the Employee committing violations of these T&Cs or any law.
· TranServ reserves the right to change, at anytime, these T&C, features and benefits offered including, without limitation to, changes which affect existing balances, interest charges or rates and methods of calculation. The Employee shall be liable for all charges incurred and all other obligations under these revised T&C. TranServ may communicate the amended T&C by hosting the same on its website, www.udioforyou.com, or in any other manner as decided by TranServ. You shall be responsible for regularly reviewing these T&C including amendments thereto as may be posted on the above website and shall be deemed to have accepted the amended T&C by continuing to use the Services. Any change in the T&C (other than interest charges and rates) shall be communicated to the Corporate/Employee, in the manner as aforesaid, one month prior to the date of their implementation.